Calem is now 3 months old!
He is increasingly interested in his surroundings. He looks for his favorite people, his father and his sister, and tries to get their attention by flashing them a wide grin. He is finally laughing for me (he's been doing this for weeks with Jason) and it is the most wonderful sound ever. He likes to be read to and to "talk." He is gaining weight at about a half a pound per week, so around 13.5 pounds now, but barely able to fit in 9 month clothes due to his length.
He is increasingly interested in his surroundings. He looks for his favorite people, his father and his sister, and tries to get their attention by flashing them a wide grin. He is finally laughing for me (he's been doing this for weeks with Jason) and it is the most wonderful sound ever. He likes to be read to and to "talk." He is gaining weight at about a half a pound per week, so around 13.5 pounds now, but barely able to fit in 9 month clothes due to his length.
He doesn't mind tummy time too much and can even lift his head off the ground :) He is currently working very hard to turn over, but is not quite there yet.
Unfortunately I tend to get home rather late so by the time I'm home, he just wants to go to sleep for the night. We try to get him in bed by 8 PM (it would be earlier but I get home after 7 PM most days), he wakes up around midnight and 4 AM for eating and wakes up whenever I leave the bed (usually around 6:30 AM). On Saturday mornings when I often am home he stays asleep longer, closer to8 AM . We are working on getting him use to sleeping in his own crib during naps (rather than the bouncy seat) and within the next few weeks will slowly work on the transition from our bed to his crib at night. Before all that, we have to get a bedtime routine established which we still don't have.
He is a very patient person and doesn't seem to mind much that we often wake him up to give him his bath since Clara's bath time is at the same time his should be. He goes with the flow. We are so blessed to have him join our family!
Unfortunately I tend to get home rather late so by the time I'm home, he just wants to go to sleep for the night. We try to get him in bed by 8 PM (it would be earlier but I get home after 7 PM most days), he wakes up around midnight and 4 AM for eating and wakes up whenever I leave the bed (usually around 6:30 AM). On Saturday mornings when I often am home he stays asleep longer, closer to
He is a very patient person and doesn't seem to mind much that we often wake him up to give him his bath since Clara's bath time is at the same time his should be. He goes with the flow. We are so blessed to have him join our family!
