Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Calems 4 month post

He is falling into a more predictable schedule.  He sleeps around 7:30
PM til 11 PM, eats, goes back to sleep til 3:30 to 5:30 AM for one
more feed (a lot less this time) then wakes up around 8 AM eager to
start his day.  In total he is waking up around twice at night but I
must admit the reason he sleeps well after 11 PM is that he is still
in bed with us.  I let him cry it out for the first time last night,
or rather, fuss it out since he wasn't actually crying. I fell asleep
before he did but when I woke up a couple of hours later he was still
fast asleep.  Ideally this is the time when I would get things
accomplished (sorting mail, working out, unpacking, etc) instead, I
just went back to sleep!

We returned from a lovely visit to Iowa this weekend.  He had a great
time visiting relatives and we discovered he loves the swing (the
old-fashioned wind-up kind). We also found out he is not a fan of
having his head covered up while nursing which meant sometimes I had
to feed him in the bathroom (of the airplane and in a restaurant)
which is not an ideal place at all!

He is working hard to reach for items in front of him but still is
perfecting his hand and eye coordination, sometimes missing his
desired object and accidentally hitting his own face but this gets
better everyday.  He has a beautiful smile and a wonderful laugh.  His
favorite person is his big sister Clara followed by his daddy, both of
whom can make him happy even when he is tired!

Yesterday was his well child check, he is still in the 50th percentile
for weight (15 lbs, 5 oz) and 75th for height (25 3/4 inches).
He is truly a delight to be around!